View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation about the Sierra Club

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I don't disagree Stu, I'm just trying to find a way to stomach having your favorite steak tossed down in front of you and it being covered in dog feces. Even if I manage to scrape all the crap off, it's still not very palateable.
I hear you, Blaine. If you find a way, please let me know. I see the same problems over here.

Six years ago, my old Jeepin' buddy took me on a trail ride. The trails were unused enough that grass was growing up between the tire tracks....but I kept going back several times a year, taking along friends and sharing the trail with them. Things being the way they are, I got out of the habit running that trail several years ago. Last night, a local Jeeper stopped by the house to talk mods. He mentioned he led a group of 4x4s on that trail just last weekend (his first time on the trail was years ago when I led a group he was in). He said the area is compeltely tore up.....quads being the main element. Seems that they can't have fun unless they are sliding around the corners and ripping up the hills. I probably won't be going there any time soon. The temptation to roll over a few of them would most likely land me in jail.