View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 PM

No idea why I'm here...

I was inclined to say I'm here because I like Blaine, and figured the old goat could use a friend. He seems to have this polarizing effect on some people, eh? Yeah well, it's just how he is, ain't it? That said, after I registered, I thought I'd kill some time reading some of the posts in here, until I got my confirmation. Lo & behold I found some old posts from 04, and it was clear he at least HAD some friends! That said, I don't know why I'm here...

I've had two Jeeps. The first was a 91 I bought used about 15 years ago. It & I only saw pavement. One day going up over Snoqualmie Pass here in Washington state, it went buns up, and that was that. I went a few years without a Jeep, and missed it dearly...so one day, I got a wild hair and a down payment & went and bought myself a new one. Red, with half doors just like the first one. That was in April, 2005.

For the next 3-1/2 years or so, it & I only saw pavement, and a few forest service roads. Things have changed a bit over the last year or so. Once I discovered the trails around here, I've been all but consumed with getting as much seat time as fiscally & physically possible. And...lurking around a few forums, getting "internet schooled" in my down time. That's how I met Blaine...///and ultimately why I'm here.

Hello, my name is John, and I'm in Tacoma, Wa.