Thread: Great weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Lesson's learned

I posted a Lesson's learned post awhile back in response to a trail ride gone awry. This trip was as good as that one was bad, and that's saying something.

My faith in why I enjoy this hobby so much has been fully restored and then some. No agendas, no scorecards, the egos stayed back in camp keeping the bad attitudes, disrespect, and alcohol company. Not that any of that showed up when we returned to camp, but none of it was on the trail. And that's the way it should be.

What a fine, enjoyable, and entertaining group of folks did I have the pleasure to spend the weekend with.

My special thanks to Erik, Al, Brian, Joe, Jason, (the first timers) for coming out and showing us how to enjoy ourselves again.

Each and every one of you are most welcome back into our camp at any time for any run.

The regulars, Jefferey, Jefferson, Sergey, Scott, Thanks guys, it was indeed a joy to wheel once again with you all.

I'm still a bit miffed over the "Most Cranky" title you bestowed upon me, but I figure I'll find a way to reward all of you for it at some time.

Extremely Special Thanks go to my wonderful partner in life, my darling Kat, for keeping me company, taking off work an extra day just so we could spend it together chasing desert tortoises and lizards. It was a delightful time.