Thread: What the Dell
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 PM

We only buy Lenovo now. I was a big fan of HP until they bought Compaq then they went down hill. Lenovo was IBMs manufacturer of the IBM Thinkpad line then IBM decided it wanted no part of the PC business and sold teh line. I've bought and sold hundreds of notebooks and they are by far the best.

Granted I get mine from the distributor and have a local contact from Lenovo should anything happen. The software on the Thinkpads is worth every penny of the notebook. The rescue and recovery programs are second to none. So when you get a nasty virus all you do is recover the OS and bam you good to go. All of the OS is stored in a secure partition that you can access via hardware only.

The other feature I really like is the Network Profile Management. This program manages all of your connections. Are you at home on the wireless access point and which printer you are using it will automatically connect you. At the office are you connected wired or wirelessly and which printer do you want? Once you setup your profiles commuting is a breeze.