View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Re: Question about swaybars

Quote:
Originally posted by silvertj
A little background. I am currently 4 linking the rear w\ adjustable mounts for AS and roll center. Along with a wheelbase stretch to 102". My rig is of medium weight since most of my new suspension is .250 tubing, with most if not all brackets being .250. The 4 link is double triangulated, with the upper arms converging at the rear pinion and the lowers converging at the t-case. The front is a radius design w\ a trackbar. I am running an Antirock up front. I will have Rockcrawler springs in it with Fox 2.0 emulsion shocks. I have been trying to get the stock swaybar to fit on the rear somehow. Because of the angle of the lower arms, it won't fit in the stock location. I have tried to flip it over and mount it on the rear axle truss. I have thought about adding an extra cross member to mount the swaybar to, but because of the contours it just doens't work the way that I want. I have been thinking about a torsional style to match the front.

What my main question is what size diameter bar are most guys running in the rear? I think I will piece together one for the rear with parts from stockcarproducts.com. I already have the end links and I can machine down Delron pucks to use in 1 3\4 or 2" tubing. So I will need a sway bar and the arms.

If anyone has some info I would appreciate it.

Thanks
BTDT and it's just easier to buy Currie's universal rear bar set up. It works well.