View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:27 AM

I did previously check out LizardSkin when someone suggested that on another website, however, according to their recommendations, it needs to be sprayed on using either their kit or what amounts to professional paint spraying equipment to be able to really build-up the mil thickness. While I will be taking the seats, console, and rugs out of my TJ for this project, the extra masking required for potential overspray was not really in my plans. If it could be effectively applied by brushing (which they don't recommend), I might have considered it. However, on top of that, LizardSkin is pretty pricey stuff in its own right.

Anyway, after a lot of further research, I decided to go with Thermo-Tec's Cool It adhesive-backed heat barrier/insulating mats and some of their exhaust system heat shields. I got a pretty good price through Summit Racing, so I believe that will take care of my passenger compartment heating issues (and I did also check out the foil-backed "Peel & Stick" thermal insulation roofing products at Lowes & Home Depot, but I was convinced that while much cheaper, it was not the right material for my application).

Thanks again everyone