View Single Post
Old 08-09-2001, 04:08 AM
Banned

Dam it Blaine, you are really getting me upset! You are giving out all the custom secrets that you have so graciously offered to make for me! I'm surprised you have not told anyone about the automatic block leg extenders so that I can reach the pedals when the seat riser engages!

Ron,
Since you saw the red TJ I've only added a small dimple above the rocker toward the back on the driver side. Driver's fender seems to straighten out fairly easy every few times. I can actually say that I've faired ok out of all the crazy stuff I do, unlike yourself of course. I still have dreams about you switching out my hood for yours. Btw, never mind trail and drivetrain repairs, does April know how much you spend on fixing body damage? Please forward her email address.

With regards to the talk about cost. To add in what I wrote earlier in determining for yourself what will be best for you and cost factors over the long run. I tend to agree with Sergey and Blaine on cost. At no time when Blaine and I were discussing the building of these arms there was a definite price discussed or put on them. I speculated how much they were going to cost but that is as far as it went. Sometimes your speculations can be under or over your estimations, but if you have to ask or put down a firm number on something you have decided that you need... you might as well not have them built.

Trust and fairness amongst both individuals is very important, if you don't have this formula it will not work. The person that offered, and you choose to build, should have the knowledge, be fair enough with you, without you taking advantage of his time & his own pre personal funding. The person (you) who is having them built should be ready to assume the monetary responsibility upon receiving the final figure, not causing any hardship on the builder which had been out of pocket from the start of the project. Analyse well before you give the green flag to someone.

Jim B.

97TJ El NiƱo, Mods listed on Web Site.
JJB@worldoversea.com
http://www.jeep.worldoversea.com
Jeep Rater Score: 42