View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Originally posted by HIGLET
I'm going to toss out the point of terrain. Rick is in Illinois (flatter, muddier? I don't know, one time I was in Chicago though it was so flat I could see my house in North Hollywood from a freeway overpass ) and most who don't like them are hardcore California/AZ rock guys. HiLifts are impossible in the rocks, no doubt. Different terrain may prove to require different tools, and the HiLift may just fit the bill perfectly. I don't have any problems with them, I realize how dangerous they are and try to be careful.
I'm one of the CA rock guys that likes them. Unless you stay tight together, sometimes you cannot get a strap/winch back to a stuck vehicle without traversing some hairy stuff. As much fun as that is for me, some of the guys I wheel with don't rockcrawling backwards. A hi-lift can unstuck a rig quicker than a wary driver can get back into position to do so.

Seth mentioned a rule that I make my group go by, and which applies to Rick's question: Always have at least one hi-lift with the group on every run.