View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
OK, you guys doing the 3500 M/C swap are confusing me to no end. I looked up the specs on that master and it has an 1 1/4" bore. Yes, that will give you a very high, very firm pedal. The consequence of that is that you have now reduced (in theory) the pressure to your calipers.

How is the actual braking performance?

I have experimented with the large bore masters on my hydroboost which generates much more force to the master than a vacuum booster ever will and was not happy with the pedal effort required to stop effectively. I had to drop the bore size down to 1 1/8" to get the pedal force reduced to a comfortable level and am considering dropping down even futher to 1 1/16" if I can find an easily bolted up suitable master.

Stock on the TJ master is 1", as you increase bore size in the master, you should be reducing the pressure to the calipers for a given input pressure from the booster. All other things being equal.

What gives here????
I can't answer your real question.

But..............I just got back from Moab. There are lots and lots of steep hills. We ran a ton of trails and the new brake set-up stopped the Jeep very well. I am VERY happy with it. I did not run my new set-up (wheels and lift) with the stock brakes but this feels much better than the stock brakes did with 33's. HTH!