View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 11:15 AM

Moab Jeep Jamboree Report

It was all I expected and more. The weather was perfect, the food was great and the trails were interesting. My group did Hell's Revenge on Friday and Poison Spider and the back half of Golden Spike on Saturday. Our trail guide on Saturday was Kevin, who was the spotter for "She J" at the ARCA nationals this year. He said he knew Mr. Blaine. The "She J" vehicle was also there, being driven by "She J's" husband, who was just out for a Saturday's drive. We stayed at the Big Horn Lodge, which is located in the center of Moab, close to everything. I even ate lunch at Milt's Diner, an experience that should not be missed if you are in Moab. Try the chile cheeseburger. Make sure you have a roll of Tums with you. I really enjoyed Moab and intend to return as often as I can. However, it is a killer of a drive in a TJ. I departed Moab about 4am on Sunday and arrived back in Escondido at 6pm that evening. That's 15 hours of hard driving on a Sunday. There was a big traffic jam on both sides of Barstow. All-in-all, probably the best Jeeping experience I have had to date. I highly recommend it!

Fred