View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Well, this past weekend we went to Calico to meet up with some friends. We were supposed to tow the camper and stay the whole weekend, but due to various things and a weird acting transmission, I decided not to. Big disappointment, and a call to Joe at Westminster is in order.

Anyway, the Jeep did very well, it was a nice and smooth ride all day long. I was very impressed by it and I didn't take a beating like I was with my prior setup. I was much more rested after driving 2 hours to get to Calico, allowing me to fully enjoy the whole day wheeling. I was also happy with the tires, being 33s on 17" rims with a load range E, I was a little skeptical about their flexing ability. I dropped the pressure to 10 front and 12 rear, and they flexed nicely, much better than my prior 35s. There still are a few adjustments to address in some areas and then it should be close to, if not perfect. Here are some pics.

Some more at http://gallery.mac.com/migault#100037

Besides the tranny, the only other weird thing was that the hardtop got all twisted, for lack of a better word. The rear window ended up rubbing on the passenger side of the top, and the top itself shifted on the tub to where I could barely close my door. This, added to the fact that the whole Jeep is leaning to the passenger side by about 3/4" makes me think the Rock Hard cage might be binding. So, I'll pull the hardtop off and loosen the cage to see if it helps realign everything. If not, I might have to visit a frame machine.