View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by chef
the chassis got started last night at shaffer's, i paid for the 1.75" dom upgrade today. standard length two seater, 60" width....

dave said wally called monday and said "I'm the guy that's gonna win your chassis, there's no way anyone can catch up" Blaine, you're a friggin' genius, but you know that.
Like I said when you were here in the driveway. What have you got to lose? The way it was going with him getting 1 to 2 votes every time you got 1 was most certainly a losing strategy.

I did figure they would think they had it locked up though. I just wasn't sure if we could coordinate and generate enough enthusiasm on the boards.

I will tell you where the genius was though. Whoever came up with editing the titles to show the count and updates. That's what got folks fired up.

It wasn't until the contest thread actually slipped off the first page on POR that I saw a glimmer of hope that they had become complacent and we might be able to ambush them.

Where they screwed up is they quit campaigning. Had they kept it up, no one would have been able to catch them.

That comment does explain the very large quantities of bitterness though.