View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:29 AM

Thumbs up Yes, go for it.

Quote:
My basic question is: If you didn't have to worry about a house payment or retirement and were just working to put food on the table, would you turn down the bigger check for doing something you actually enjoy?
Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis but for me the answer is simple. Yes, absolutely I would. Isn't that what life is all about: passion, chasing your dreams, acting on your desires, your own plan?

I don't ever want to be old, frail and look back on my life thinking; "I should have", or "what if?"

One and a half years ago at age 40 I quit a well paying career in the media to become an artist. It's a tough transition, I miss many luxuries and I've only sold 4 paintings, but I'm more fulfilled and happy than I've ever been. I'm pursuing something that's been in the back off my mind since I was a teenager and to me that's worth it.

If in a couple of years for some reason I find that it's all too much of a struggle and I'm not enjoying it, I can always do a u-turn and slip back into "normal" job, but at least I can be content in saying that I gave it an honest go.

Go for it, make your dream a reality and do it sooner rather than later. If you don't, you may only have regrets.