View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
Maybe it's just me, but this is getting more and more technical. Maybe its the WV heritage....maybe its just because I am dumb teenie bopper. Whatever the reason, I would like to show my side.

This is my heep at Wellsville, OH doing a pose. I was running 10psi in them, and even 10 was too much for them. 5 psi was awesome. They are 35x15.50 sx's on 15x10 rims. As you can easily see, almost all of the 15.50 width is in contact with the ground (and thats at 10psi)

This is my dad's yj. Mild 2" lift, p235/75/15s on stock rims. 30 psi in the tires. Half of the left rear is touching the ground. Half of the right front is touching the ground. For my reasoning, tire height does not have anything to do with these two situations, correct? One is skinny, and one is wide.

So, what your trying to explain, is that that aired up skinny tire is giving MORE traction than the 15.50" wide one against the small bank? Give me a break..... Remember, chains don't count unless they are used in both applications. They are traction aids, and using them in only the skinny tires gives an unfair advantage, right? Kind of like having the answer key before the test.

And finally.....I KNOW the 35x15.50 sx's got a TON more traction at 5 psi verus 10-15. Know how? Because the broken parts bin got full real quick after I took em down even lower. That is my redneck testing.....tried and proven.