View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Mark Hinkley
Chris,

I don't get to run the Rubicon but usually once a year. So I'm not there on big, 4th of July type, weekends. So I haven't seen it ALL in person.

I was trying to show how the reporter wrote the story and how making glorified details can distort the real image of what goes on, and it is was NOT good for the jeeping world. Example of this, if someone reads your post the entire Rubicon trails is covered with tp/crap "everywhere". That image sure would turn me off from going on the Rubicon, if I didn't know better. This story is directed to the average, emotionally charged, Barbara Boxer loving, liberal reader base of the Times. Who are going to remember the gory details of monster trucks with 600 whatever horse power, tp/crap, vehicle stacking, and druck people the next time they are polled by BB and the greenies, if closing all the trails is a good thing or not. Great image we have.

That is why if this type of drunken totally out of control situation is going on we, the jeeping world, need to start waking up because if we are going to abuse it we ARE going to LOOSE it. So if that LA times article is true we, the jeeping world, really look like a bunch of idiots. No wonder we are loosing so many trails. I can only pray it's not that bad. As a group we need to let this be an eye openner to grow up and act like what we should while jeeping, BEING RESPONSIBLE.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I just took it personally what the reporter said, writing that crap because I don't act like that while jeeping. I must be lucky not to see anything at the level of abuse that he wrote about. To bad our enemies, the greenies, now see it loud and clear.

mark hinkley
orgs mfg