View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Re: Re: illegal immigrants and driving?

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Bingo. What you will see next is a reduced coverage policy for these illegal fawkers that can be obtained cheaply and is subsidized by the rest of us - I guarantee it.
I guess I am confused. I thought I was already covering (in the form of MY rediculously expensive insurance premiums) all of the illegals that are driving on the highway and have neither a license nor any insurance.

Why do you think hit and runs are so common?

Granted....you don't have to be an illegal or even a Mexican national to illegally drive an uninsured vehicle on our highways. I've seen/heard of US citizens doing it too. (like my son's worthless ex-girlfriend!)

So my question......what difference does having a driver's license really make....other than if it is a requirement to be a licensed driver before you can actually obtain vehicle insurance.....well, that might then get one or two more people on the road with the proper coverage and save me 25 cents on my next premiums.

If you can obtain a driver's license without being a US citizen, then using a driver's license to indicate proof of citizeship so that one can vote is obviously null and void. That becomes a non-issue.

Tell me what I am missing here? I am not saying I am for nor against this.....just trying to figure out what impact it is really going to have.