View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 10:54 AM

Talking Back from the Rubicon......

I had a great trip with some great people on my first Rubicon run. It was simply GREAT!
The weather was perfect and the trail was tougher than I expected.
We camped at Spider Lake for three nights due to a badly broken CJ.
On Saturday most of us ran to Rubicon Springs and back which made for a long day as there was quite a bit of traffic. We had one broken D30 u-joint and Scruffy had a flat paw. Scruffy decided the only way to ride in the Jeep was with his head on Garry's lap, leaving his paws free to operate Blaine's ARBs. That made things interesting for Garry.
On Sunday we loafed around Spider Lake for the day and just relaxed. Garry and Tom had rigged a winch line accross the lake so we could slide down it using a snatch block. Cool!
Our Fearless Leader (Paul) ATTEMPTED a hard line down the sluice. Unfortunately there was no time for the uniforms!

Mark's camping spot!

Garry drove Blaine's Jeep through Little Sluice like it was a dirt road. I got there 30 seconds late and missed it. Amazing! Paul and I wanted to do it but we just plain ran out of time.

Spider Lake:

On Monday Paul guided us a different than normal way and we hit the road home around 2:00pm.

Thanks guys for letting me tag along!