View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 09:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to IROCU26 Send a message via Yahoo to IROCU26
Louvers YES!

I just wanted to take a moment to express my graditude for the person that put this post together. I own a 85 Camaro and have heavly modified it. Unforunately with great power comes great heat. I've been building a custom ram air hood for it and have stopped building it to research a good set of heat extractors. I've looked all over the place Greenwood Corvette louvers, Merkur Cosworth replica louvers, aftermarket "3M" ABS louvers, and finally thanks to this post GTP hood louvers. I ended up purchasing a set through P&G Chevrolet (another thanks to the person pursuing the best price) for $79.80 for the two plus S&H. Considering the up to date list price is now $57.83 each, the 39.90 they were asking seemed pretty dang good. If you guys are interested I'll post some pics from the project and then maybe in a week or two whenever I get these louvers I'll post a final product.

If any of you are trying to do this as well and are looking for somthing a little different.. and have extra money too I suppose you can check out the Cosworth RS louvers I found
HERE. They are a aluminum replica set that used to come on the Cosworth RS Merkurs back in the 80's.

Anyway thanks again.

P.S. anyone selling a Wrangler 4.0L I need a winter car and have been wanting one for sometime.

EDIT: I forgot to add I did not buy the drip pans for the louvers (I dont drive my car in the rain) so I'm not sure if they are still available... I checked into buying them though and there was a price listed for the right one, but not the left one... maybe they are discontinued.