View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Lawrence,

I am also very jealous. Blaine showed me the brochure and told me how clever that trailer was. The kitchen is especially cool - how it pulls out and it has a huge living space.

I am going to sell my current "overlander" RV (the ugly brown motorhome that loves to get stuck in JV) soon and will need a light trailer that I can do the 3 S's that are important to me (shower, sleep, $hit). Shalom and I have talked a bunch and it is true that the old trailers were very light compared to the pigs of today.

It is nearly impossible to find a newer trailer with a shower and potty (or even JUST a shower) that is less then 2,000 pounds and $15K.

I refuse to spend big money on an "off road" trailer that doesn't have a shower - whether internal or external. For me I'm not going to run any real trails in it so I can pull a pop-up or older hard side along any fire road.

I've also decided that the TJ is truly a lame vehicle for anything other then wheeling and having fun with only a couple people for a short time. The storage is abysmal. My wife and I were watching TV and Jeep was talking about their 0 percent financing and she says "too bad you spent so much on your Jeep - we could get a new 4 door KJ Unlimited Rubicon and have all that room....

Oh well. I'm also cheaper then Erik right now and only want to spend south of 2K for this trailer - we'll be getting a new motorhome in a couple of years so I just need a place to stay in JV for a while.

Now, if someone could build a smart off road trailer that was light and reasonably priced - they could probably sell a bunch of them....

Jeff