View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 09:43 AM
The king of shotgun debate

Managing Off Camber Angles - Artificially

As I shared upfront the primary reason I elected to install the AiROCK Air Spring System was to enable the ability to control rollover angles dynamically from inside my Jeep.

That said I just took a picture of my Jeep sitting on level ground inside my garage. I took the AiROCK suspension to it?s extremes so as to capture and demonstrate just how much ?artificial? angle is available to be applied when off camber.

Here?s the shot.

As you can see this is a significant angle.

I do not have the ability at the moment to measure the angle as my angle finder is on loan to a friend, but I am guessing it to be about 15 to 17 degrees. (I?ll measure the angle later.)

If my off camber rollover angle to the drivers side is 35 degrees I expect to be able to apply a large percentage of this 15 to 17 degrees to offset some of this roll over angle.

As soon as I get the time I will take my Jeep to the scales and weigh it at the extreme ends of this angle management to get actual and factual effects on the Center of Gravity of my Jeep.

I do believe there is more angle to be had, as my rear sway bar links are far too short and preventing any additional movement. I need to resolve this soon.

That?s about it for now folks.

Frank