View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Thanks Tim. The Jeep was fine before but nothing to be totally excited about. I really thought about was I was doing with it and how I could make it work better. The fact that we recently bought a Kimberley Kamper also factored into some of the decisions. The goal is to have an outstanding all around rig and so far, I am very happy with the way it is turning out.

We got some more work done between yesterday and today. We finished up the front end by completing the install on the brakes, installing the SwayLoc, and hooking up the air lines for the shocks. The Rancho kit is quite nice, as simple as plug and play, the only thing to watch out for is routing the lines properly so that they don't get caught in anything.

Since my battery was not doing too well, it was replaced in favor of a Sears Platinum Group 34. This is a sweet battery, which has a 4 years full replacement and a prorated replacement for up to 100 months.

As mentioned before, one of the mods was replacing the Vanco 15" big brake kit with the 16" one. Since I got smaller tires, I had to compensate somewhere else. Here it is in its permanent home, very sweet looking.

After the front end was all done, we moved on to the rear and started on the install of the Poly kit. It takes a lot of measuring and a lot of items make it a difficult fit on the passenger side. Add to this the new Rancho 9000XL which have a bigger body than their predecessor, and it becomes very tedious to position everything correctly. There is a height limitation for the tower because of the evap system inside the rear corner on the '03+, and we also had some issues with the rear track bar mount. As you can see in the pic, it got chopped off, but the good thing about it is that it will be redone so that it doesn't bind anymore.

More to come...