View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Not myopic, just need glasses

I may have used the wrong word with vouchers, perhaps a tax credit would be better. Here in Texas we have no income tax but we do have a rather large property tax. IMO we should recieve a credit if we chose other means of education.

Robert spoke to taxation and I agree with him. How did our country and the Federal Government survive the first 150 years without federal income tax ??? Cut out the Programs!

Zoning:
Come to Houston, there is NO zoning and it works just fine.
There are rules about bars or nude places x number of feet from schools, but that is not Zoning. As far as the rest it just seems to work it self out. ie. the paint shop owner can afford to put his home next to the high dollar homes, it just costs too much.
If the government wants to tell you what to do with your land(makeing rules after you own it) then they should compensate you for it. There's a whole gagle of land use laws I feel are unacceptable. If I were to purchase the land with the rules and laws in place ok. but after I allready own the land just takes away my rights as a property owner.