Thread: Legal Advice
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 02:57 PM

I have two nieghbors who I both like who are at odds with eachother. I get along with both and hear both sides (a parking issue). What they are not doing is talking to each other about it.

I would walk myself over there and have a chat. And I would suck up my pride a little and not be too confrontational (difficult for me).

"Listen the noise past X hour sucks, can we do some thing about it?"

"The crowds coming and going.. they're not exactly the most assuring folks arround. Can you vouch thier OK?"

Initiate a conversation and do it on a basis where you are honestly attempting to listen and understand his perspective. If he sees that you're trying he might get things straitened up. Try to find some common ground to work from. Not to slam you, but you seem to be ready to nit pick anything that is wrong with the guy. He may suck as nieghbor, but try for a minute to be realistic. And if you're being as fair as possible and he's not gonna give in, then it's time to take things further.

If not, go with Hellbender's idea. But, I warn you, if they are tweakers, you've gotta have your ducks in a row. As a popular song says "Don't start no **** won't be no ****." They do take things hardcore sometimes. Fish are just a starting point.