Thread: Legal Advice
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM

That's pandering to the lowest common denominator which, never achieves anything except mediocraty.

So he puts his koi pond in the middle of the yard, with a bio-dome around it. What then?

The neighbor would still find other ways to be an arse, and then what?

I would be pretty annoyed if I had to accomidate inconsiderate, drug dealers. Believe me, I have to deal with similar issues like this occasionally in my line of work (except for me, it's business not personal). Even so, it's not fun, and I can't imagine having to deal with it on a personal level (my house).

The minute you start compromising with a person acting in the manner of the neighbor, you are on the slippery slope.

Sometimes compromise is a necessary means to get something done in situations like this, but only if BOTH parties are at all willing to move on from the current situation.

If either side is unwilling to change at all, then there is no point. You're just feeding out rope to hang yourself in the end, and it just takes longer to reach the ugly, inevitable conclusion.

My opinion, but it's based on 8 years of having to deal with, on occasion, unreasonable, unyeilding people who are not following rules they have agreed upon.

[edit]

I just want to add, I can't even believe you'd entertain the position you stated above William. As far as I understood, your previous work position was basically customer relations in some respects. You really take that position thinking about having to deal with all the people who came into your office to yell at you thinking they were right, when you knew that you were following the rules and were in the right?

Isn't it essentially the same thing? How can you reconcile the two?