View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
The TJ is or can be very vexing in regard to understanding some of it's idiosyncrasies. The left front pick mentioned earlier is one and that is somewhat easily dealt with as is the unloading with some swaybars and shock selection.

One of the bigger advantages of the rebuildable shocks is the ability to run different valving. Mine are set up to compress quite easily, and extend very slowly or slowly compared to the compression rate. That slows the unloading down considerably if you can drive through something.
Ah, good point on that topic. Valving and having rebuildable shocks would lend a more applied action in the TJ's suspension, per each application. Makes sense.

I'm interested to know if my dissertation on what is being conveyed for 'unloading'--re: coils, is accurate. I am nearly certain I am correct on that, the comparison of the coil and leaf matrix regarding 'unloading' as it is described, vs. the CoG (apparent) moving and causing this issue as a rig reaches up to near vertical as pictured.

Great responses.
robert@behold-the-rage.com
406-755-9765