View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Not happening - I was supposed to go skiing in Tahoe on my only free weekend in April and now I am taking Kendra to a college admissions tour. Like I said, I have a full plate just to get to HDR.

Quinn - what trail are you guys leading? Any suggestions on a run for a relatively stock XJ with no rocker armor and a young driver? I want Kendra to participate in a run, have fun and get some experience but her Jeep will only take so much, it doesn't have a traclok.
Without knowing what she is capable of, I would guess start of on the Blue Moon run. It's easy by our standards. It's mostly dirt roads with ruts and small hills and a few long uphill climbs. Well within the stock XJ with new driver. Jesse from Dirt Devils leads it every year. It's set up for the SUV's and other stock or new drivers.

The next trail up which is Devils Loop (my trail) is a little tougher with some rock crawling. Still an easy trail by our standars. I could pilot a stock XJ through there, but it's recommended to have 31" tires and some protection. There are a few places that could get an unexperienced driver in the rocker panels, or stuck real good.

Has Kendra ever wheeled the XJ before? If it's her first time go for the Blue Moon. If she yawns on that one, then she might be ready for the next one up. It's amazing how people like the Blue Moon run though. Are you going to be with her, or will she be by herself? If she does Blue Moon, I'll make sure Jesse watches out for her.
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350