View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 08:19 PM
Administrator

I am highly familiar with Bimba and American air cylinders. I do understand most of what you are doing.

That said, consider using a short, lighter weight cable and relocating the cylinder to a more protected place on the axle. You only need about .500 of max travel from the cylinder. More than the travel, you will need about 40 lbs of force to move the shift fork correctly. By the time you get all of that put together, it will be a lot of parts and some of the simplicity may be gone.

Why the double set of springs? Why not a single acting cylinder with an internal spring return? I know I have seen them somewhere. That combined with a short cable should be alot simpler.

I have a cable company that can build most anything and they do a lot of morse cables for boat controls. Nearly identical to the Ox cable.

Let me know on the pads. Very interested.

Give John Lemeaux a call at 909-277-1037. His number is also listed in the aftermarket company section. Awesome gear guy.

It is impossible to ascertain the value of something until you have paid for it a few times.