View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
It's so hard to tell what's going on. Seems like most of the problems are all on paper for people now. It's going to be crazy when that starts spilling over into everyone's actual lives, if it does.

I've just been in Austin and Tucson, and things appeared normal. Everyone's out, eating, driving around, buying stuff. Maybe not as much as before, but I didn't see any uncrowded startbucks, as an example. The movie theaters still had plenty of people in them.

And I've been to Detroit. That place is a disaster. Its seems like a lot of the midwest is like that.

So I'm not sure what to think. It's getting bad, but how bad is it?
Thats whats really bugging me. All these bad things that the media and politicians are saying is happening, I'm just not seeing it.

I know two business owners that have multi-million dollar lines of credit and they havent heard so much as a peep from their banks. Credit crisis? I stoped by a local mall last saturday and it was PACKED.

I really don't like all this bailout talk. People make decisions about how they live their life (education, career, debt). I've certainly made my share of bad decisions, what would happen if someone always bailed me out? I'd have little incentive to make wise, conservative choices.

Vegas anyone? Perhaps the government will cover my gambling losses if I really screw up