Thread: What the Dell
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
Wow. I guess I was just lucky.

We got one of those mini laptops with the purchase of a desktop recently. I would never have bought it if it werent $99. Its great for surfing the net, I carry it in my purse. I have NO applications installed on it aside from what came on it.

One day, (less then two months after we got it)I pulled it out of my purse, and it was froze. It runs Linux Ubuntu, so Im not really familiar with navigating the diagnostic screeens at startup. I called Dell. The Indian Man that I spoke to attempted to help me. He then stated that he thought the operating system had become corrupted somehow. He asked if I had access to a external CD Drive, which I did not. (The computer is too small for one) He then said, "No problem, Ill send you a box for you to return it to us in. We'll either reinstall a new operating system and fix the problem, or send you a new computer" The box arrived the next day. Its been about two days since I shipped it back. We'll see what happens when I get it back

Tam