View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 10:42 AM
Banned

Ron,

Thank you for your valuable install instructions... this is exactly what I was looking and expecting out of Blaine. I won't hold anything against him as I do understand that some of us have certain weaknesses.

Ace,

With regards as to when you need something custom or not and is it worth the expenditure. Every one of us have different ways of wheeling with regards to as how far we are willing to undertake certain obstacles or our vehicles. You can try what has been proven that is out on the market and see how far that takes you for the type of wheeling you do (.79 switch). If it does fine great, if it does not than you have to ask your self if you are willing to back off to the point of no more breakage according to your style of wheeling.

If not, you then have to come out with a formula that will be the easiest on your pocket for the long run. Do I continue to buy 2 RE arms at $300 a pop (this goes for any other piece of equipment), or do I pay the piper now and be done with it. Yes, funds can be a limiting factor, and if it is, than you must back off, or wait till you have it to do what is best for your pocket on the long run. If we can not do this than we must alter our style of wheeling to continually avoid breakage.

Below you will find a pic of East coast traction coming up a hill that has been eroded that unfortunately you can not see the back section on this pic. Think of those 38" tires up in the air, spinning, coming down and doing a hold to pull you over the top. The dark color difference of the ground is run off since it had been raining all day.

Jim B.

97TJ El NiƱo, Mods listed on Web Site.
JJB@worldoversea.com
http://www.jeep.worldoversea.com
Jeep Rater Score: 42