View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Here is a quick rundown on what a set of 4 identical replacement arms would cost for Sergey on his jeep if I built them to be near bulletproof. (we'll leave the durability of the rod ends out of this discussion)

tubing...............80.00
rodends.............896.00
heat treat..........150.00
swaging.............150.00
machine and thread..125.00
powdercoat...........60.00

total for 4........1461.00

How many sets would you like? I will build as many as you or anyone else orders. Bear in mind that these are just the costs of the different processes and I will have to add in a 25 percent builders cost to justify my time. There are other costs involved that the 25 percent will help cover. One of them is the very expensive taps and drill. That comes to around 350.00 dollars just for those. Good for around 20 sets of arms, so divide that into 20 sets and figure that in also.

The bottom line here is that if you can afford custom, you rarely ask how much. Not picking on anyone, that's just the way it works.

Begin to have an understanding of just how economical most manufacturers lift kits really are?

As an aside- Seth, the reason we went with Skyjacker is because they have a lifetime gurantee on their rod ends. They do wear and I think if you could do some research and get truthful answers, most worn rod ends are from trailer rigs. Sergeys are just fine, I checked. Mine wore out a couple until I figured out that the trailer straps were trying to stretch out the suspension.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.