View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 05:21 PM

I go through this all the time with my wood working. People will ask if I can build so and so from a catalogue. Sure says I, how many do you want? The first one will cost 4 times as much as the catalogue but by the time you get to 40, I might be able to make them for close to the same price. Oh, you wanted a finish on it also? That's extra.
I make wood things for my friends all the time, but only if they can't buy it in a store! I never charge for my labor as I would insult myself by charging less than $5 an hour and my friend would think he got screwed!

I'm sure Blaine takes on a project like this for a friend and sees it as some what of a challenge. Put a $ on his time and wow! I can only imagine the time spent running around, research and God only knows what not! He's making something for a friend that his friend can't buy.

BTW, Blaine you should make Jim a automatic seat riser so he can see where he's going when he gets the front end up like that! For those that haven't wheeled with Jim, look at his picture again, that's his position of choice! Jim, got any body damage yet? Haha! Just busting your balls a bit.......
Ron