View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 11:07 AM

Another swaybar question.

Looking for some pointers on fitting anti-roc/sway-loc on my YJ.

After changing the rear suspension to 4-link/coil-over I?ve noticed excessive rear body roll that gets a little scary on the sidehills.

Ex:

Rocker Knocker almost got the best of me. I think that if I had a rear sway bar the front right would get pushed down and level things out. Maybe?

Right now I run the factory front sway bar connected when I drive around town. I'm happy with the road handling with the front connected.

On the trails I disconnect the front sway bar. This used to work great when I was leaf sprung (SUA) in the rear, but now that I'm linked in the rear the (lack of) side hill stability gets kind of scary.

My questions...
#1 - What anti-rock would be recommended for the rear? I've read ChrisL's write-up and plan to mount mine in a similar fashion. Do they come in different spring rates or widths?

#2 - The front. YJ's have a front cross-member tube similar to TJ's, can I use an anti-rock or sway-loc fitted like a TJ?

I'm thinking that a front Anti-Rock could be setup to perform well on road OR off-road but not both without changing the link positions before hitting the trails. This has me thinking that a sway loc front and anti-roc rear will be the ticket for me.

Any ideas if/how a sway-loc will fit on a YJ?

Thanks in advance!

Matt