View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
If the coilovers are set up correctly; they climb great. If incorrectly valved, sprung or a combination of both; I see the very thing you suffer in the first pic.
I doubt the valving has alot to do with it as the speed was so slow. I actually think I was stopped in that pic.

Spring rate... I'm running dual rate springs (two springs per coilover) with the dual rate lockout set about 2" into compression travel. The combined rate is perfect, excellent ride. I just wish that when I get into the single, higher rate spring I had a stiffer spring rate. I wish I new more about setting up dual rate coilovers, I "think" I can get a softer lower spring and a stiffer upper spring so my dual rate remains the same, but once I get into the single rate I'm on a stiffer spring. Definately need to look into that some more.
Quote:
Are you running a conventional 4 link or dual triangulated?
Double triangulated, relatively flat roll axis and about 90% anti-squat. On steep high traction climbs thers no lift or squat (and NO hop ). Its just the off camber climbs that are troubling me.
Quote:
P.S. Is there weight on the driver's front in the first pic? The first time I ran Rocker Knocker; one of the guys ahead of me climbed it more to the right. I did the same with a 3" Teraflex short arm lift and it worked really well. I actually spun the Jeep to the left and climbed up onto the ledge with all 4 tires way before encountering the "Rocker Knocker" boulder you are laid against.
We were starting more to the right, working to the left untill the right front caught that little knob and it climbs the ledge as you turn to the left. I dont know if that pic was an aborted attempt or when I actually made it up, but the left front tire had weight on the sidewall/rim, not much else
Quote:
Matt....you are running SOA up front, correct?
Yep, SOA on stock leafs
Quote:
Edit: Matt, PM me your mailing address. The Moab DVDs are ready to ship.
Most excellent! PM on its way