View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Administrator

I don't think you'll find a more open minded bunch of folks that here as far as trying new things (new to us).

I was one of the first handfuls to try the MT/R and was repeatedly told that not only were they soft, they would only last about 15,000 miles, would be loud, the sidewalls were reminiscient of the MT and they were overpriced.

Then I was told there was no way in hell that an aluminum flat skid would work, wouldn't slide, wasn't strong enough, and was a waste of time, money and energy. I'm still running the same one I put on 3+ years ago and it hasn't hung me up once.

Here's what I know and can prove. I essentially run a tall skinny tire when you compare aspect ratios. The width of my tires is about a third of their height. Robert's tires in width are slightly less than a third of their height. Is that close enough for comparison?

My tires do not work until I air them down. I can prove that in 5 minutes in my driveway.

So, I'm gonna withhold judgement until Thanksgiving gets here and me and Robert are gonna go wheeling. I suspect it will be an eye opening experience all the way around.