View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. I am not expecting to have a home when this is over, but if I do, then thats great. We are setting up to stay at a campground for a while in the motorhome, until they decide to let us up on the mountain. Joe, I will be lookin for the PM.
Scott
Scott and all, we are in Riverside, a few miles from the Fontana fire. The air here is so thick with ashes we can't breathe out of our front door! My truck is covered with ashes, I'm keeping the air on to help move the air around in the house........

BUT I feel fortunate so far because so far all of my friends are safe. Friends in Crestline we believe already lost their house, Friends in Running Springs, we haven't heard about their house. And my Mom is on stand by at Baldwin Lake (next to Big Bear Lake) on standby to get out fast. Other friends over on the Baldwin lake side of the mountain are just waiting to see..... With the dead forest and all of the trees dried out and dead from the bark beetles, I think the mountain may just burn down. It's really too bad and there isn't much anyone can do. My Mom is about ready to leave Big Bear, because we can't get up to help her. I have property in Big Bear too, but since my driver's lisense says Riverside I can't go up either to help

This is one of the craziest things I have ever seen in my life. I have never had so many people I KNOW effected at once.
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350