View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 01:14 PM

I agree with Blain's comments. The Rubicon is a more intense experience at the time, but it's sort of different degrees of the same type of obstacle.
On the other hand, Moab has a varity of obstacles that keep your day interesting. At the Rubicon, after about five hours, I really wasn't looking forward to the next obstacle. At Moab, I looked forward to each and every obstacle and was looking for more at the end of the day. I consider the degree of difficulty to be about the same at both the Rubicon and Moab. We experienced no carnage in my group, however, we did have some breakage. One gent snapped his left rear axle (D35) on Friday and his right rear axle on Saturday. Had a hard time clearing ledges. Would get the front wheels up okay and would then "gun it." The rear wheels would spin and start to hop and after five or so seconds the axle would snap.
A real sickening sound if you've never heard it.
I will return to both the Rubicon and Moab, but if I could only choose one, it would be Moab. BTW, a guy in a stock rental TJ ran with us on both days. He nailed everything. Really set my jaw.

Fred