View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 01:13 PM

I agree with your message, but I'm going to play devils advocate here.

You should state exactly how Sierra Club policies play a role (other than the budget/spending issue) in these fires.

One take as a tax payer is this - I don't give a rats a$$ about any organization - I pay the federal goverment more than a little to maintain things. One of the things they are supposed to maintain is the national parks/goverment land.

If they can't handle it with their current budget then they either need more money or it goes to a public company to maintain. The BOM should tell the Sierra Club to go screw themselves and let them do their job. With our current yahoo for a president, I'm sure he'd support the disbandment of the greenies.

That is my only "statement" - I'd love to see the proof that the sierra club policies lead to increased fire danger - that can be spun into a Newpaper article if one were to write it well and leave out the emotion - just lay out the facts as an editorial.

Just my .02 from the cheap seats - I'm in no way slamming you Stu.

Point me in the right direction so I can write my own letter.

Jeff