View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Two things I want to say...well, three actually.

#1. Jeff....I was far from being emotional when I wrote that letter. I spent the better part of an hour putting it together.....were I emotional, it would have gone out in 5 minutes. I carefully, as best I could, picked my words and attempted to use the same style of writing that hopefully will evoke emotion in the reader....which the Sierra Club does so wonderfully (unfortunately). I am not nearly as gifted at doing that as so many others are....but I try the best I can because I really do care.

#2. Frank....thanks for the words and support. You did indeed see what I was attempting to do and I thank you for explaining it in a way that only you can do.

#3. I am damn proud to say that both myself and another friend of mine here in Phoeinx really did make a difference today. The URL that I noted in my initial posting is no longer linked on the Sierra Club web site. The page itself is still there and can be seen by surfing directly to it....but the link that got you there through the National Forest page is now missing. My buddy here in Phoenix wrote a similar letter this morning and chose a different page from the SC web site on which to vent. He wrote me earlier this evening to tell me that they pulled the link to that page as well.

Never have I seen any results from this kind of action, albeit I have tried many times in the past. I am proud to say that this time, I know that I made a difference....enough so that the Sierra Club rethought the propaganda they had on that page. I know they will be back with something else in a week's time, no doubt, but this proves you can make a difference. Now just think what could happen if we all did it together.