View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 07:00 AM

That is great Stu. I wasn't accusing you of anything, I've just seen too many of these "fight the power" things turn into a cuss fest that really ends up hurting the cause more than helping it.

Regarding Daless post - boycotting the gas companies is a lost cause - there is no elasticity of demand with gas. You need it and they know it. So don't buy gas on a weekend - they'll adjust the price to when you do buy it.

Want to hurt the gas companies - buy an electric car or push our government to invoke campaign reform so big oil doesn't have the power it has now.

Back to the SC and their insane policies - the real fault lies in us tolerating our government when it comes to lobbying.

The reality is the SC is doing a great job at forwarding their cause - however wrong it is. They have brainwashed their constiturency and are using our government against us.

What really needs to happen is more checks and balences on goverment kickbacks and campaign contributions that would effectively strip the SC of it's influence and level the playing field.

I love to see a senator lashing out against the SC - he is probably covering his own a$$.

I will write my congressmen/women today as I do agree that if we sit back and do nothing this is what we get.

I can't wait until we have true campaign finance reform so these special interest don't have the power they have now.

Jeff