View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
My TJ on 35s and 4.88 with the 3 speed seems to be right in the middle of your measurements. At 3200 RPM I'm around 68 mph - 3500 RPM puts me a touch over 72 mph - all per the speedo because I don't own a GPS.
Good to know. Judging from that, mine are not sky high.

Quote:
Do you have to run metric tires? If you can get back to 15" wheels your pocketbook will be much happier.
I agree that tires for a 15? rim are much cheaper. I actually thought about it, but decided against it because of the brake kit I want to run. Then I thought of going with a 16? rim, but it would be too much hassle for not much gain.

Quote:
If you are building for a more streetworthy, towing, camping, fun, expedition TJ you might just find yourself a set of BFG All terrains and call it good. They work damn good in nearly everything, are super quiet and well mannered on the road, and last a long time.
Yep, I know those are good and Blaine suggested those as well. Since I just took off a set of ATs and the TJ is not a DD, I am not really ready to put another set of ATs on, stupid mental block I guess. Another challenge is that I have to compromise. When I first hinted about trying some 33s, my wife was definitely not happy about it, but she then understood the possible need and benefits. However, AT tires are not going to fly with her either, so MTs it is.