View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Banned

Robert, they beat on their Jeeps and parts purposely to make them break. Same as the testing of the 241 they built. The purpose of New Venture's testing was to see what it took to break the 241 Jeep asked them to build. Stock D30 axles and u-joints broke first.

I'm not saying a D30 is a poor choice to build. Actually I'm saying just the opposite. I like to spend my money on stuff that needs to be replaced, not for bragging rights. So for me, and it seems you, and most of the people here, upgraded shafts and u-joints will probably suffice for a LONG time if not indefinitely. I'm just letting those who asked know that when New Venture Gear did testing on their 241 they broke the D30s enough that they specifically told Jeep that if they didn't put a D44 in the front of the Rubicon they'd have warranty claims on stock D30 parts. I know only one person that has destroyed a D30 ring and pinion, behind an Atlas on the trail.

Garry, it's only second-hand because I passed it on, with I think enough info to contact the appropriate person to ask if anyone want. Ask for Zach, Product Manager in charge of Jeep transfer cases at New Venture Gear if you want more clarification. I got the information first-hand, from the person that destroyed a TeraLow and more than one D30.

Seth, are you running stock D30 components, and drive shaft u-joints? If you are you are easier than the testers at NVG. That's all. You're the one that gave all the specs on torque and shafts, right? I completely agree, slower and lower probably breaks fewer parts. What's the torque rating of the parts in a stock D30, and does a TJ with 4:1 have enough torque to break them

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom