View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 06:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrblaine:
Nowhere have I seen that the Rubicon front 44 is spec'ed as a High Pinion. I am about 90 percent certain that it is low pinion, otherwise it would be the headline when talking about that model.

Given that assumption, you now have less clearance, and more expense to get the same clearance by running larger tires and you are about the same strength as a HP 30 driven on the correct side.

They would have been much better off running a two year old XJ front. The low pinion 44 is more of a hindrance than anything else, and if I were to buy a Rubicon, I would find some sucker dreaming of Rubicon parts, high ball the front to him and build a HP 30 if I were not going bigger than 35's.

Elsewhere on here is exactly what I would do if going bigger than 35's.

After being chased around by Garry last weekend under conditions that I am more than 99 percent certain that Jeep engineers will never see, I am going to agree with Robert and call it hype also.

_You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind._[/quote]

I agree the information to date in the Jeep magazine for owners states Standard Rotation Axles. I also believe the front 44 is there because they may have listened to owners say they would like a front 44 more than for real use. A warranty claim on a 30 or 44 front would be declined at the dealer if there was evidence of abuse anyway so I do not think warranty claims would have driven the use of a 44 front axle. For all I know it could have been a stupid reason like being better or nessary for the new air locker design. Maybe just cheaper to make one air locker design/application only.

The new T-case is called the NVG2410R not the NVG241 which is used in the full size Ram trucks.

"Anybody can and will break anything"

Got Groceries ?