Thread: Great weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 04:46 PM

Great weekend

This weekend was fantastic. I would like to thank everyone that came out.

We had a fantastic group of wheelers, and while they were "rookies" on the Hammers they all had their stuff together and could drive very well. I was very impressed with everyone's rig and their skills and driving it, and with the way the group worked together and enjoyed themselves.

A huge thank you to Brain (Blktj), Eric (Nailer), Alan (igofsn), Jason (jason), Jeff (jeff weston), Scott (scott hill), Joe (joe dillard), Sergey (TObject), and last but certainly not least, our fearless trail leader and spotter extrodinair - Blaine and Kathryn for making my weekend great.

The weather was as close to perfect as I've experienced, the trail was hard, we had no damaged save for Scott tearing up a valve stem), and the camp fire banter was great.

It really drove home the reality of this hobby, and that is that it is all about the people you chose to enjoy it with. The trip could have been ruined had one selfish or self centered person, or someone not at all prepared, had been in the group. There was none of that junk to be seen and it really makes it easy to enjoy the trail.

Certainly didn't feel like babysitting.

Thanks to everyone!!!

Jeff "Best Stuck" Cassens not to be confused with Jeff "Best Stuck Runner Up" Weston