Thread: Lessons learned
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
IMO - people really need to make sure they are prepared and aware of how their actions affect the group.

I realize this guy was new to us, but he was warned, twice, about making sure his equipment was up to snuff. It wasn't. Frankly, it wasn't even close. Many of us have spent a lot of our money and/or time making sure our equipment is ready. You must be cognitive of the group and respect your wheeling partners enough to prepare.

I know he didn't do it on purpose. He seems like a nice person. People have bad days and bad things happen out there (ask me how I know). He did say he felt awful about the whole thing.

None of that changes the fact that instead of spending time with two people that flew a couple thousand miles to see Blaine, he spent time fixing someone else's Jeep, and did so without complaint or snivel.

There were conversations and meetings, that had been planned, that were not completed because of this.

Jeff
I understand that. I wasn't there and it stinks things didn't go as planned. I know what it takes to ride out there and would always take what is told to heart. I probably will never get out there with my rig ever myself because I know just what it takes but at least I keep an open ear to it all.

Hopefully my above scarsam post isn't taken the wrong way, I didn't realize just how much it messed everything that was planned up.

BTW, glad you made it out ok Jeff.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?