Thread: Control Arms
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 06:46 PM

Maybe this will help you make a decision, I did a poll on arms and wheeling conditions and here's what I found....

If you live in drier conditions with more high articulation situations (no mud, lots of rocks) the RE & Currie style of arm seems to make thier owners happy. Add mud or wet/salty road conditions and thier owners cuss the things.

The Tera bushing style puts a little more stress on the axle mounts (but I have heard of NO failures) in continuous high articulation situations. But in the mud, wet gritty roads, etc. the poly bushings are easily cleaned out with a couple shots of grease. I have heard of few owners not happy with them.

The RE style transmits more road vibration to the vehicle, this seems to be something everyone agrees on.

I have little info on the Skyjacker arms in any muddy situations (ie. life expectancy), but in the dry conditions, the owners seem to love them in hard core wheeling. I'm sure they would transmit more road vibs to the vehicle than Tera's, but would probably be close to the RE style.

HTH you make a decision.

2000 TJ 4.0L, A/T, all factory options.
Jeep Rater Score 360
http://www.hellbender.rockcrawler.com/
NRA Lifetime Member

NRA Lifetime Member