View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words young man , it was a pleasure to take friends that enjoy wide open spaces and lots of wheel time as much as I do. I've never traveled or camped with a better group! Not one single irritation in four days of close living.
I didn't take as many pictures as I should have but I did get a few.

Alex exploring Toroweap:

I'll bet not many have seen a petroglyph like this unusual one:

This was a new area for me. It was close to our base camp and some of the most spectacular scenery I've seen in the area. Alex, sorry you left before this trip. Maybe you'll come back?

Some Jeeps belong in that sand wash. It seems to go for ever with lots of side canyons. There is also some Moabish slick rock that needs exploring. An amazing area and not too spread out.

We had a couple Jeeps break. Robert broke a shock when he bottomed out on a big ditch doing about 30mph. We reached speeds up to a dusty 50 mph on some of the roads. Art's steering bracket broke 3 bolts off his knuckle and he had both front wheels going in opposite directions. His Ready Welder came in handy!

Notice how organized Art is with his stuff spread out in an orderly fashion. Art's just that kinda guy!

I'll leave a trip description for the others when they get back.

Here's some more pictures:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/2E114A20E32D6BC