View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Reggae

Thumbs up

I did an oil change last night, and replaced the original Hastings LF115 larger oil filter.

I think, I figured out why Jeep engenders decided to use the smaller filter. While removing the larger filter, I had to turn it on the side, to squeeze between exhaust and the frame, and poured some hot oil down my sleeve. It would probably be a better idea to remove the used filter from the top. Which, on my jeep requires a bucket to stand on.

Other than that, that Oil Filter survived every day driving, trip to the Rubicon, and had been Hammer Trails tested. I did not notice any differences in the engine performance. Although, logic suggests, that larger is better; at lest in the aspects of cooling and flow. Which is most likely true, but not normally noticeable in the jeep. The used oil looked normal. I still have it, and if there are no requests to send it for analyses, I?ll drop it for recycling tomorrow.

To be on the safe side, I do not recommend using oil filters other than specified by your vehicle manufacturer. But, really, man!