Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-11-2010, 08:34 AM
dennisuello

So, was it a rocket or just a plane?

China flexing it's muscle, or an optical illusion?

China has surprised the US before, so maybe it's them again?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...red-faced.html

Or simply this?
http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-...ays-flight-808
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM

I suppose it's quite possible that it was simply an optical illusion based on a commercial jet contrail in just the right light, angle, and altitude, but it sure looked more like a missile launch to me from the news helicopter footage (and I have seen several launches over the years, including from Vandenberg).

Beyond that, I am not much of a conspiracy kind of person, and for the government or military to launch something "secret" in such plain view of a major population concentration just doesn't seem very likely (especially in the case of a sea-based launch from a nuclear sub off of Catalina as some conjectured).

If it was something more than a jet contrail, my guess is that we will never really know what it actually was short of some form of authoritative leak.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:53 PM

I think it was a rocket. Coulda been military, coulda been someone's hobby rocket. Some of those hobbiest rockets can really go a long ways. No way was it an optical illusion... especially since the guy who shot the video said it had a bright flame coming out its tail. If I was a betting man, I'd bet it was a military rocket launched from the air that they're simply denying any knowledge of.