Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Thumbs up gotta love the Diehard Platinums

looking at it now, maybe it wasn't that bad of luck when I left the truck lights on a couple of years ago and drained the Optima Reds. I then replaced them with Diehard Platinums (per everybody's advise here ) and man do they rock.
Even with the current abnormal temperatures for West Texas (close to 0* Fahrenheit), they still crank the diesel engine in the Dodge, after a couple of 'glow cycles (not being plugged in).

Sometimes I do actually listen to the advise given on the board

BTW: for those going to KOH -> have fun
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Sweet. Oh, and thanks for the curry sauce, BTW.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Even with the current abnormal temperatures for West Texas (close to 0* Fahrenheit)
Oh....you poor little boy...is your teddy bear going to be able to keep you warm with such abnormal temp....last week we were in the -30's with windchill into the -40's.....thought I was going to have to zip my pant legs onto my hiking shorts....but I didn't want to seem like a little dutch girl

Well...as usual I am a dollar short (even with the exchange rate being so favourable) and a day late.....bought a optima yellow top and a special battery tray to hold it in place...missed all the discussions on it and the sears....well...got around to installing it (the battery tray) and optima...wish me luck....it does look cool though...and our sears does not carry automotive parts...oh well

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Dodge vs Jeep ...

Regardless of temp -> zip it

How's Canadia doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Oh....you poor little boy...is your teddy bear going to be able to keep you warm with such abnormal temp....last week we were in the -30's with windchill into the -40's.....thought I was going to have to zip my pant legs onto my hiking shorts....but I didn't want to seem like a little dutch girl

Well...as usual I am a dollar short (even with the exchange rate being so favourable) and a day late.....bought a optima yellow top and a special battery tray to hold it in place...missed all the discussions on it and the sears....well...got around to installing it (the battery tray) and optima...wish me luck....it does look cool though...and our sears does not carry automotive parts...oh well
Old 02-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
BTW: for those going to KOH -> have fun
Will do. I was suppose to head out there today, but had a special circumstance pop-up.

I'm headed out first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Dodge vs Jeep ...

Regardless of temp -> zip it

How's Canadia doing?
Nice to see some activity on this Board.

Canada is doing okay....a bit cold.....but that the long cold nights help to make another baby....wish us luck.....

Miss Sue hurt her shoulder a few months ago so is not working the squad car and is on the desk...working a ton of overtime....easy money but can be very busy with all the stupid phone calls and the idiots that come in....probably about a 10:1 ratio to the good people...when i use to work the desk i had a certain flair for dealing with those types of calls....surprised I never got any complaints....probably wouldn't get away with it nowadays....so all the overtime money is going into a renovation account so we can upgrade flooring, cupboards etc....I tried to get it to go into a Jeep fund but with no luck...I have been housebound with the 3 youngins for a couple of months 24/7 almost....the overtime will becoming to an end soon

I had surgery on my knee just before Xmas...looking after 3 kids on one leg around Xmas time was fun...got back to playing hockey 5 weeks after the surgery

Hope to get some garage time on the Jeeps starting in March.

How much time you spend in Texas these days?

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ